Replies

• Butternut Limb Neck Cookie Tin Build

• Ivo thanks for the instructions they are very well done and must have been very time consuming. I have a question, in the picture of hardware parts what is the function of the long sliver sleeve?

thanks

Mike

• That is a spacer that I used for the bridge.  I have made composite bone and wood bridges for banjoes that I have made, but thought in keeping with construction techniques for the rest of the guitar, I would just us a hardware store spacer for the bridge.

Ivo

• Wow, I can't believe you put this up for free.  Printing this off now for my CBG building folder.  Thank you for this.  Unbelievably good of you.

• Nice writeup. I just finished building a "Christmas Fruitcake Tin" guitar and put the strings on last night. It worked out pretty well. I did mine a little different, putting the tin on facing upwards and using some bracing inside the box. I'll get some pics when I get home tonight... Very interested to hear what yours sounds like.

• Greg:

Thanks ahead of time for posting the pics.  If it is possible, please post some of the bracing.  I think it would be good to have a place where people can trade what has been successful in making tin-skin CBGs.

This reply was deleted.