Brett Gardner is one of the most exciting new forces in the Cigar Box Guitar Movement today..and he's doing it without wading in the old blues or Americana cliche's. No... this kid is taking his three string cigar box guitar into the realm of Django Reinhart's gypsy jazz and even a touch of Hawaiian slide guitar. Hear for yourself:

Although it may seem unbelievable, Brett is actually playing all these smoking leads and chords on a simple 3-string cigar box guitar, no different than anyone else's axe...
In addition to his gig with the New Orleans Swinging Gypsies, Gardner also runs the Trashtronauts Upcycled Music which specializes in music made from junk. Read more at his website, http://soundslikegarbage.org.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's swingin' yep!

Skeesix, there's more names than I know for that board, but 'round where I come from it's what we call a "buckboard".

• It just goes to show how versatile a CBG is, given the talent you can make it go anywhere.

• This goes beyond fantastic and is just the type of thing that keeps it all moving forward.   

Did anybody ask about the tuning?  Hard to tell from the vid, but I'm guessing not GDG...

• Hey is just fantastic!

• Sweeeeeeet :)

• Kewl! They sound great. I like the lady providing percussion with tap shoes on some kind of tapping board.

• Wow, they are amazing!!

This reply was deleted.