The Pulse Quickens ...

My pulse quickens at certain aspects of this hobby.

For instance, when I am in a thrift store and spot a good box across the room;

Or at a cigar store and the guy says "I want at least 2 bucks for those empty boxes" ;

Or, spotting a pile of old wood, just the right size for necks.

Or,  when I first string up a new build and that first strum...

Or, when I first check for fret buzz - and there is none !

Or I see a CBG anywhere....

Anybody have this happen to them ever?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is what Happens when...

The wife says : "Are you still up ?! ?  Do you know what time it is ?

... for Pity's sake,  Come to bed.  "

The next morning, This is on the workbench, -306462097?profile=original

... how does one pick up the thread of this kind of creativity ?

• Yup.  

• Pulse quickens anew : This is the Weekend of the meeting of this Nation's N. CA chapter. 

hoo raw. Strum Shop

Always good times, good chats, good guys and gals, good music; Great ideas.

I am looking forward to seeing that- guy and what's- his- name. I'm gonna listen to him- self play and talk building with whats-his-tats. Will's gonna be there, too.

I'm not great with names. For awhile I called everybody Jack.

That was back in the 1900's, and my Mom made me stop it.

... that was another pulse quickened.

• here's a great one -

Seeing your grandson's eyes get BIG when you say " ... would you like this CB Guitar I made? It's yours."

Sweet, you think. I win.

Or - when your eyes get BIG when he picks the H-E-doubLLe-toothpicks out of it on first playing it.

• OR when my wife sees how many cigar boxes I have in my workshop...................

• Send surplus boxes to:

Farmer Ted

Old Road by River, Canada

• my pulse if that what you call it when I finished scalloping all my necks.

about 17 of them,the backs are shaped like a normal guitar.

the wood was 40x40 so had plenty of meat to grind off yes I used a grind and finish off with sand paper/wet& dry.

and glued bits of other type of hardwood to the heads..so very please.

the tulip wood easy to work on ,beechwood was a lot harder but the finish result is better than I could hope for. so very pleased I am.

• My pulse raised a bit while opening a shipment of sapele mahogany. Two slabs for two electric tenor guitars. Took me 3 days to decide and draw a shape...pulse quickens. Spend another 24 hrs joining& gluing the book-matched top plate...some sweet figured maple. Set up a routing jig for the neck pocket and remove most of the pocket material with a Forstner bit...pulse races as the carefully set blades of the router finish the rest....heart in throat. Remove the jig to see if all is good...sah-weet. Starting to sweat. Time to use sharp chisel to fine-tune the neck fit...eyesight cloudy...breathe...slowly...heart slowing. Ah, woodgasm.

• Constantly... Found a shop that wanted $1/box, and the proceeds go to local military families...  So I cleaned them out.

• my pulse quicken even more when I cut my bleeding hand.lol

This reply was deleted.