My thoughts and opinions as I drink my second PBR with spicy hot V8 juice.   PBR and spicy hot V8 juice.  Cheap and good.  Like CBGs. 

I see a decline in the numbers of videos and photos posted on CBN.   Is interest decreasing?  

I have a shit-load of opinions on this, but right now, I want to hear what you think.  What is the state of the CBG world and where is it going?

John

Views: 7794

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

;-)

Sweetness!

This thred takeing a life of its own 27 pages good for a declineing world

The beautiful irony :)

Yet again, I feel the need to clarify my previous comments:

Nothing I previously said was meant to be a negative commentary on this site, the "blues" or fans of the blues in any way. Love it, love the content, love the sharing and efforts of all kinds. You dont have to have mastered anything beyond the ability to post content to participate, share and have fun! Its awesome!

Blues are what brought me here. Delta Blues, Chicago Blues, Vintage Blues or Modern Blues. That said, I like good old Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Celtic, Reggae, and many other styles, even (perish the thought) Classical music. To me it's not about the genre, it's about building your own. Love the sound of good acoustic and electric guitar, but there is something special about the sounds you get out of our builds that brings a special smile to my face.

"On the decline"? I think it's still growing stronger and the group here is a big reason why.

Duck, you the man.  Well said.

Oh yeah...Almost forgot, I like Country and Western, (it is a separate genre), Jazz too. Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Lionel Hampton and the rest of them. Saw Hampton and his band perform back in the '70s. Great show!

I guess the point is that about the only things I haven't gotten into are "Screamer Rock", Rap (thinking they left the C off the front of that stuff)  and a bit of the weird electronic stuff out there, though I admit I have even heard some of those varieties that I enjoy. As a musician friend says, "It's all good".

Ah Jim!

That all sounds so interesting! And I needed a distraction from the weekend issues after the pictures of Jennifer Lawrence and I were leaked by a hacker!

Hope you all are well!

Shhh! Would y'all quitcher jawin' about celebrity produce? I'm trying to listen to the Silence...

The Silence is deafening.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. left a comment for Niall McCracken
4 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
4 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
4 hours ago
Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
6 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
7 hours ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
9 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
10 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
21 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
22 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
23 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
23 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
23 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->