Hi All, been lurking for a bit now and wanted to say thanks.  I built No 1 and No 2 over Christmas with my 11yo.  It was a lot of fun - first project we've done together.  He really got into it: researching the photos on the Nation to figure out his design, drilling, clamping, straight cuts, heaps of sanding by hand.  He spent a day shaping the back of the neck, and took it to bed that night ;-)  Reminded me of holidays spent in the shed with my granddad.

Taught him a simple 12 bar.  Icing on the cake was the look on his face after teaching him how to finish it off by riding a feedback bloom in an overdriven tube amp.  Priceless!

cbg_rj_partagas2.JPG

cbg_rj_partagas3.JPG

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• very nice guitars. cant wait til my boy is old enough to use tools!
  • Really nice builds. Even better to hear you are spending some good family bonding time together. Enjoy.
  • Nice builds.  I like the Tele style headstocks
  • Nice builds. Dont see many heads like yours, good to see something different.
  • What a great story, fun, new skills, parent kid time together, all great stuff. Yes what a thrill for both of you to get some tunes from something you crafted together.

Glad to hear it all worked out so well for you, very nice builds, the sound holes are first rate.

Cheers Ron.

• Excellent job, they both look great. The kid did good work.
  • Awesome!!! It is so great when you can do this kind of think with your kids!
This reply was deleted.