I am on build #12, a very special box and neck. As you can see, the box is long and not very deep (1 3/8"), but with a gorgeous two-tone wood and "Man O' War" logo. Neck is mahogany with a koa fretboard (still being polished). I'd like to put in both a rod piezo built into the bridge, and a 3-pole, single coil pickup with a switch to choose between either one, or both. Will this work if I have them connected to the phone jack through a 3-way switch? Will I get decent performance out of them wired in this way? I would have volume and tone controls plus the switch on the front of the box. Anyone tried this?

IMG_1824a.jpg

IMG_1827a.jpg

IMG_1829a.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Beautiful. 

I'll be interested to hear back how the 3-way switch works out, I'm wondering if switching between mag-pup and piezo will cause a great change in volume.

• I can't speak about your question, but I sure like your guitar.
    The Koa is beautiful!
    • Thanks. I have enough koa fretboard blanks for another 20 guitars. Also just acquired some mango wood that is just beautiful. Can't wait to use it.

• If by phone jack you mean,just a normal jack socket,yes,it'll work ok,the rod may not give full output without a pre amp,but all else should be good,nice f/board B T W

• Thanks for the response.

This reply was deleted.