Replies

• idea? don't know what the top of the body looks like, but the tension of the strings could hold down a bridge that is "moveable" might have to compromise, but moving thew bridge back and forth might get you the scale length you want. love the zero fret.

• Hi, I think you will find that if the nut is not in the correct spot then moving the bridge will not correct intonation. Yes you will get the correct scale length and the harmonic at the 12th will be ok, but playing frets will show up problems. 

If it was a fretless neck it would be ok.

Brent....thanks for the feedback, All sorted.

Brian Q.....must be someone new on their CNC machine, haha.

Taff

• idea? don't know what the top of the body looks like, but the tension of the strings could hold down a bridge that is "moveable" might have to compromise, but moving thew bridge back and forth might get you the scale length you want. love the zero fret.

• Yes
    Probably won’t purchase again as I need to bite bullet and so frets myself!
    • I’ve had the same problems with Warmoth necks , which is why I always measure them right out the box? It’s pretty common? 

• Corrected
    I have a walnut heel so cut a 1/8” slice and glued in place after removing nut.
    Mixed some walnut sawdust with glue for the joint then angled bone nut off scarf joint and achieved the 24.5” scale needed.
    Appreciate all the ideas
    • I hope you still contacted the maker of the neck about the problem?

• Gentlemen, after reading everyones post, it seems to me the fingerboard in question may be made that way on purpose.,,.possibly built with the intention the builder of the CBG would use a 1/4" "all thread" nut.,.,

I see alot of builder build this way (Weeklyhouse comes to mind) .,.,,.just a thought.,.,

• Yep that makes sense, but one would think instructions would have been included re fitting and getting correct string height. Oh and Jerry, I think you meant threaded rod or bolt, typo states nut.

Taff

• It almost makes sense. Fret board 1/8" short. Drop a 1/4-20 bolt behind the fret board and your strings should touch the bolt about 1/8" past the end of the fret board. But........Not everyone uses a 1/4" bolt for the guitar nut. 

That being said, then I guess that if it works out and intonates correctly then I guess it's "Mystery Solved"

This reply was deleted.