Submissions Wanted for CBG Comp

Hey Guys and Gals, After much consideration and recieving Shane's blessings, I've decided to compile a CBG compilation CD. Everyone is invited to participate, all styles and experiance levels welcome. It will be released on my D.I.Y. label Say What! Records and each contributor will recieve a copy. Copies will be sent to radio stations, podcast and review sources. This is a DIY grass-roots effort to expand the Cigar Box Guitar Revolution. Submission Guidelines: 1. submission deadline is July 31,2009 2. All formats accepted except MP4. Digital formats and/or download links can be sent to: say_what_records@hotmail.com 3. Please send all artist contact info with tracks. 4. Please limit tracks to 5 minutes. Message me if you need more info. rev

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Guys, Got some great tracks so far....keep'em coming!

Rev
  • KENI LEE & CHRISTIAN BESHORE !!!JOKER with his podcast...all 3 fine players...in there own style..
  • KENI LEE,,,Promoter of cbg's and de blues...a super supporter...Well worth considering...thanks for all you have done...

Keni Lee Burgess said:
    I would like to on your compulation. Is there still space? I could certainly meet your deadline by booking some studio time next week. Please get back to me when you have a chance. Thank you, Keni Lee
  • Just sent you a track. A previously unreleased track at that.
  • Thanks, Rev Mike, great idea!! I'll email you a couple of tunes here in the next day or two.
  • I would like to on your compulation. Is there still space? I could certainly meet your deadline by booking some studio time next week. Please get back to me when you have a chance. Thank you, Keni Lee
  • Sorry about the confusion. It will be available as both a cd and a download.
    Hard copies (cd's) will be available for those who want it or they can download just the comp.

e guertin said:
    i'm a bit confused mike. at the top you said this
    "I've decided to compile a CBG compilation CD. Everyone is invited to participate, all styles and experiance levels welcome. It will be released on my D.I.Y. label Say What! Records and each contributor will recieve a copy. Copies will be sent to radio stations, podcast and review sources"

but now it's not a cd ?

at any rate i've sent you an mp3.

cheers
    ets

Rev Mike said:
    These types of comps are very common within the punk and experimental scenes. It gives artist a chance to have their music heard by others....if you have 20 artist on a cd then you have 19 other people who may not of heard that track...they play that to their friends and the cycle begins. The was the method used before the internet made the world more assesable.

All tracks should be original or copyright free...i.e. public domain. The artist retains all rights to their tracks.All i'm doing is getting artist together.

I was thinking about making this comp available as a FREE download. I'm not going to make anything off this except a mixed cd of CBG music anyway. Just doing my part to expand the nation.

MP3's can be e-mailed to say_what_records@hotmail.com

thanks,
    rev
  • well, I'm having problems getting my recording quality up to par, but I wouldn't mind adding "Bad Storm Coming"

It's the first song on my player on my page
  • SWEET! Wish I was good'nuff to send something ;-)

Rev Mike said:
    These types of comps are very common within the punk and experimental scenes. It gives artist a chance to have their music heard by others....if you have 20 artist on a cd then you have 19 other people who may not of heard that track...they play that to their friends and the cycle begins. The was the method used before the internet made the world more assesable.
    All tracks should be original or copyright free...i.e. public domain. The artist retains all rights to their tracks.All i'm doing is getting artist together.
    I was thinking about making this comp available as a FREE download. I'm not going to make anything off this except a mixed cd of CBG music anyway. Just doing my part to expand the nation.

MP3's can be e-mailed to say_what_records@hotmail.com

thanks,
    rev
  • Oh, and as far as "Shane's blessing". I brought the idea to him first, out of consideration for his "Masters of CBG" series, and he encouraged me to go for it.
This reply was deleted.