Replies

• Eric, is this going to be an acoustic or electric with a mag pup?
    • Basically I'm curious to find another way to do my string stops. I use string pegs and loop the string around them, wich I haven't had one break and any one bring theres back to me with that problem. But someone here mentioned it could be a weak spot and that's absolutely true so if I could find a "as clean of a look or cleaner" that is less likely to cause trouble, I might be game. ☺
    • Electric. eventually I would like to know how to do both but I really focus mainly on electrics.
  • Eric,1 thing to consider with string through,especially on an acoustic set up,is how the strings actually anchor,in some instances they can pre load your sound board and effect it's ability to move freely,for example if you anchor through the bottom,you are tending to pull and load the top and bottom against each other,not necessarily badly,but just a thought to consider

• Thanks guys - keep the pointers coming...
    • My first attempt will be to go through the bottom of the box solid wood and then out of the top using the deepest ferrules possible. I will also try to put the ferrules in as snug as possible with the spot of epoxy or so. I will more than likely practice on an old box with a quick unfinished neck and test it to see what the tension will do to it.
  • 306500390?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

In most of my builds, I do it this way... The neck is supporting the top of the box, I drill holes, just smaller than 1/8", and drop pop rivets or ferrules in.   

On the back side, there's normally a gap, so I drill larger holes to allow access.  On the bottom I will add another set of rivets or ferrules...

Let me know if you need more pics...

• Nice pics by the way. Love the CAT
      • Thanks!

• Thank you so much for your time, this is great... I have a better idea how to go about it now - those rivets look like a good idea and deep enough too. It's worth a shot, thanks again! I'll keep you posted.
This reply was deleted.