We are organizing a CBG workshop held one Saturday a month at the 61 roadhouse & kitchen in Webster Groves MO. (St. Louis Area).  This is also the home to the St. Louis CBG festival each year.

Bill Kunz of 61 has been generous in offering us a place to meet, practice, discussed ideas and what ever members decide to do with the time. Gary Herget and myself are contacts for this club and are open to ideas to make this a fun club. As soon as we have commitment from members, we can set up a Saturday each month to meet mornings. We haven't set a day or start time as of yet. We need to know who can commit at least to a start up and discuss as a group when and how we want to run this. Possibilities are great!

Views: 9819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm coming by myself next month and stay longer. The 3rd Sat of the month works great for me. Since I use the Roland Micro Cube amp, no problem carrying it around. See ya next month.

Maybe I will actually be able to play something -- I will try and practice up! Your solid body guitar is too cool!!
It was great meeting everyone! Having the chance to see everyone's builds and people's playing techniques was great fun. Tips and advice have given me lots to work on for next time. Thanks for putting this thing together!

Great meeting everyone, I had a blast!   I'll be practicing for the next meeting :)

First meet was awesome. I think everyone shared something unique and enjoyed themselves. The club is always open to your ideas for the next meeting. Future meetings scheduled for 3rd week Saturdays, next is March 22nd 9:00. Time was confirmed FYI.

It was great to meet everyone and make new friends. I too will have to practice up and try to keep up. See ya in March.

Hi all! As I mentioned at the meeting, there is a supplier of fine hardwoods in Marrisa, IL.

http://dougwhitehardwoods.com/hardwoods/

They will find the right pieces you need for your project, rough cut it and plane it.  I purchased cherry fretboards, curvy maple necks and walnut heels from them. It's expensive but if you're looking for just the right wood that's rough cut to your dimensions then this is the place to go. (call first)  You will need to go to their mill, not the store front in town. The drive out there is nice and you can stop by Wenneman's Meat Market in St Libory (left at stop sign) and get the freshest meat on the planet.

Thanks for the wood link. Prices look good.

Two things: how about all the newb players such as myself pick a simple song in G to practice for next time's get-together.. I can pull off a basic 12 bar progression, but just barely. I hear walkin' blues is often a simple intro but I would try anything to jam with you guys,
Secondly, Cause the Blue Rat and his solid body gitty he brought yesterday is somewhat famous now -- Beetlejuice blogged a photo Cause recently posted on homemadeguitars.com here:
http://tinyurl.com/jvswgpl

I can't place his name behind the guitar, however here is a list of all who attended.

Steven Miles (myself)

Gary Herget

Steve Gramlick------------------------------I'm betting Steve brought the dulcimer.

Yourself & daughter Clara

Johnny Willis  (St. Louis Blues Society)

Paul Ekluind  (cause the rat/blue  solid body guitar)

Rich Branch

Buddy Carroll / Ms. Carroll

Clark Stolz  (Mr.C)

Great first meeting!  I'm not on the list, but I was there as well--Mark Perkins.  Awesome builds and craftsmanship on display.  Scott, it was great to meet you and your daughter Clara.  We need to get more the younger generation involved.  One meeting dedicated to a simple build and the next for some lessons aimed at the youth might be a way to do something like that.  Just a thought.

I remember you. Missed getting your name on the registry. I did that so I'd, #1 have an idea how many attended and #2 post so all of you could remember and interact. I'd like to get a group shot next time maybe post it to show the nation what we're up to.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Dar Stellabotta posted a video

A Cigar Box Guitar Six Stringer Built by Louie Lamanna

This video is the unboxing and the demonstration of a beautiful, six stringer built by Louie Lamanna. Join Louie and I June 15 at the second annual Pittsburg...
50 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter to you too Andries! The passion is definitely in full swing. Turns out I’m…"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter Doug ! the Passion is in full swing !"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Ricky D's photo
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
2 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
6 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Ricky D's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->