Making use of space. This weekend’s project.

It seems I have lots of workshop area but not much free space if that makes sense. My walls are full, not even space to hang a photo. No room under benches or even on top of them, most of the time.
I have been watching a lot of Japanese craftsmen working in recent times, to inspire myself to greater things, or just do a better job. What I noticed was besides sitting on the floor to work, they all use very sharp chisels.
Now I do sharpen my chisels to the point where they will shave hair off my arm, but to do that properly, and to a number of chisels, I had to clear the bench of work then after sharpening clear the bench of sharpening paraphernalia.
Here is my answer.
This space [first photo] in one of my benches was wasted, just collected junk, but now it houses the sharpening station. My wet grinder sits over the bench, on one of those T/V-monitor holder thingies, and folds/swings away. All the gear needed for sharpening just slides in and out as required on its own dedicated bench. The drawer below is used as a support with a hinged flap that folds up and down, it also holds different oil and water stones as well as jigs and attachments for the wet grinder.
I hope the photos tell the story.
Taff

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.