sound holes need advice

My last git had two sound holes on the front of the box but for my new one i want to put image on the box and no matter what way i put soundholes on the front counting the bridge pickup and holes its guna cover up too much of my image!

i have seen the soundholes on some gits not on the front of box but on the side mainly the side that points to your face! if i did it like that id have more room for image on front of box.

my question is will it take away from the sound acustically from the git?

any help appreciated in advance!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very interesting thread, all.

• gotta say she a very talented lass.

the music she comes out with a cbg is incredible me think.

• agreed on all.  when i showed some of her videos to my youngest daughter i had said check out what she does with 1 string, 2 strings, etc.  now my daughter if she sees me checking out a video, she is very interested to know how many strings are being used...

• and  ..  now ....   for  the  "hummmmm" answer  for  the  day  . 

checkout the very   end  of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3IF12BZ-LA
    • I know off topic but... I really dig the stuff she does with her looper pedal.  I have watched several of her videos (this one included) in the past. 

• Dito, she has some great stuff!

• this one is my favorite... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-AuJgdZHTY

• yup  , Belinda  is  responsible    for   a good  chunk  of     members  joining  here  . 

• One of the UK'ers I would have like to have met on my frequent business trips, but paths never crossed.  It was funny one afternoon when I was sitting on the bank of the River Cam and a guy riding a bike with a banjo strapped to his back stopped to listen to me play my CBG and chat.  He says, "you don't happen to know Belinda, do you?"

• Small world :)
This reply was deleted.