Sound hole hardware

I was wondering what the metal rings around a lot of the sound holes are in the photos section. I looked for brass grommets at a few local hardware stores and they only had 1/2". I found some 1"sink strainers that could work but its not quite what I am looking for. I just want to have a nice finished, but open, look around the soundholes with the brass ring.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THAT's where the come from. I was wondering how you guys made them.

-Wes

jim said:
  • Randy Bretz can make you some bone ones. He's great with that stuff. I found 3/4" tarp grommets at the flea market. Hardware store usually have lotts of tresures on every other isle.
  • Here's an idea I never thought of. Read comment to learn what the sound holes are.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/3-string-box?context=latest
  • The local Tru Value has, in their small-parts trays, what Paul mentions. They call 'em "computer grommets" . They come in black, chrome, gold, and a sort of icky gray you could likely paint...

If you bought any computer desks recently, you may have an extra pair or two running around the house...I did.
  • Some people use the gromets that you see on computer desks, the oned they run the wires through. Get then at maybe an office supply store. Look in a plumbimg store for sink fixtures also.
  • The sound hole rings I use are from xtra parts left over from a Sloan flushometer diaphram. You know the big shinny chrome part thats on every commercial toilet in America, there are copper spacers that I dont use and have laying around. When Im in work today I'll dig up part# and post, Look on the Teamo cbg pix I just posted, there on it.
This reply was deleted.