Replies

• wow that is just a work of art. ill have to start watching the yankee workshop again i used to love this show. someone should turn norm onto cbgs. id love to see what he would make
  • 305710143?profile=originalthey even work as hand-held!

Roosterman said:
    Wait.... you guys have tools???
  • A few........

305709928?profile=original

• Wait.... you guys have tools???
  • very cool, have one just like it in the shed...tho mines only got an angle grinder, blunt chisel and gerald lovetap(my big hammer) in it:0)
  • You got to love Norm. I love the chest but my problem would be I'd have so many tools out at one time that come time to put them back I'd need a map of where they go...
  • i love it
  • That reminds me I need to build a tool box to port my most used tools to the States for this summer's vacation. It won't be comparable to the one shown in Norms video, for sure. Let's see, now. How much 3cm x 0.5cm cherry trim wood will I need???... (And how much glue?)

-Rand.

• Two things struck me when I saw this, one was the value of some of the individual tools. Even just that little Stanley #1 block plane from that period. Wow.

The other was the realization, material access. The mahogony, ebony, inlay materials, and so forth were likely shop SCRAPS.

It would be very hard to place a value on the complete kit.

• A luthier needs only a small selection of tools to get the job done.  Everything else just serves to make the job easier ;)
This reply was deleted.