Replies

• I put the sound holes on the side of my El Tiante uke and it sounds fine, There was no way I was putting a couple big holes on the top of the box, which would have ruined the Luis Tiant baseball jersey look.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/the-el-tiante-uke?xg_sou...

• Thanks All!

• I have a few of those, size should be fine. If you want to tell if the lid is plywood or masonite scrape some of the label off on the inside of the lid.  If masonite you can use the botton for the front and it may sound better, if you like the label don't worry about it and just build it. Try a shorter scale, 23 or 24" works nice with smaller box's, the neck doesn't look so long that way.  You could put the sound holes in the side, I've done it and it works well.
  • Thanks for the tips guys!   What kind of string do you recommend for diddly's? and also since the face is small on the box i plan to use should i drill sound holes in the sides?

• Macanudo boxes have good tone, even when small. A 2-string diddley bow with a piezo under the bridge would make a LOT of noise!!!
  • Your box looks like a size folks make for CBG 2 or 3 string. It'll make a good CBG something. Here is a smaller box that I made a didley bow with.

305742332?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• kinda small 7 1/4 W x 2 3/4 H x 6 D i'll attach a pic and it's paper wrapped and can't determine the type of wood

IMG_0909.jpg

• How small? What's it made out of?
This reply was deleted.