Replies

• They may also contain blood, sweat and tears,
    depending on the build!

• I have a logo my wife drew for me that I burn into the instrument somewhere. It does not really tell you where it came from but is sort of a "trademark". I usually sign them too and date.

• my dad carves a tiki into the heel of the neck on all his builds...

• I think its all a matter of personal preference. I.E. What your style is, or what you like. You should probably put it somewhere where it won't rub off easily, like the inside or tailstock. But most importantly give it that personal touch, that shows you put some of your soul into it that way the instrument is unique; its as good as any serial number ever would be.

• I know of other git builders that write messages
      inside the body, some inspirational others like ‘if you are reading this
      something has gone horribly wrong’ could be fun.

• Sometimes I write stuff like "Stay out of here, you!", other times I just draw a dirty picture. Then I glue that sumbitch up tight!

• 305857416?profile=original

• Absolutely put an identifying mark somewhere on your gits!  I have a label with my logo, serial #, and contact info inside.  Believe me, when your (hopefully satisfied) customer shows his/her pride and joy to their friends they're going to want one too, and you want them to know where to go!  Good luck with your sales!

• if you look inside an 'old world' instrument, anything from europe from c1740 on there appears to be a kind of a standard,

Builders name

city, country

serial number

date..

Theyre not always in the same order, but ninety something percent of old instruments are labelled in this way (visible thru one of the sound holes), so thats what i do,  I always assumed it was some sort of old luthiery custom or tradition.  I think if you don't sign them you oughtn't really be selling them yet.

as for a logo or trademark, well i think those are great too, i got my mr twig that i inlay

• I place my name and Phone number from my business card or the entire business card glued to the back...  No one has complained and it's easy access when they are being played out for the musician to show a possible client....

This reply was deleted.