Shane Speal delivered this speech in 2015, highlighting how the cigar box guitar changed his life.  It was part of the York (PA) Crafted speech series.  

The presentation was limited to 7 minutes with 20 slides in a "Pechakucha" style of delivery.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That was outstanding! Thanks for posting it.

John

• Great job Shane!!!

• Shane, Awesome video! I became aware of the Cigar Box Guitars about 18 months ago and have built about 12 or so. Truly a unique sound. Continue to do what you do!
  • That is awesome Shane. Love your enthusiasm!!! Thank you for sharing your passion with the world!

• Thanks Shane for your insightful tour of your personal journey into the World of the Cigar Box Guitar. I have only been aware of this movement for about two years now. I am very thankful for the road you have opened for others to join. My love for this instrument is much like yours in the sound.... The sound that you can only get from a CBG!
  • Wow! What a great speech! Thank you Shane for your obsession and for your willingness to share. You've provided a lot of fun to a lot of people, whether they build or they marvel at these unusual instruments. I'll tell you, I'm having a blast!
  • Thanks Shane for CigarBoxNation.

• Agreed!!! Now we need to get a Cigar Box Guitar Festival here in Utah!!!!

• I guess everyone has a story to tell . I love CBN ,thanks Shane, but have always disliked titles like "King of" , "Godfather of" etc. All the same, I really enjoyed hearing your story . Thanks for sharing :-)

• It's tongue-in-cheek.  Trust me.  I ain't no king...

This reply was deleted.