Is there somewhere to find  more 4 string tablature in open G? I see some here, but mostly for 3 string.  In hindsight, wish I had gotten a 3 string for the abundance of tablature out there.  Can I use 3 string tabs to play 4 string?  Is there a way to convert?  I may be asking silly questions, but keep in mind I am brand new to this.  Thanks for any help!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And if you already know the chords for 4 string, you can use any song book that gives the chords for the song.

• I’m guessing you’re tuned gdgb? If so start off with 3 string gdg & then factor in the 4th string as you get acquainted playing with the open tuning? It’s a little confusing being a beginner & trying to learn open tunings, but if you pick up some basics, it’ll come a little faster? Which is why I suggested videos, they explain a little bit of how & why.  Just play & keep playing is all I can recommend? Good luck

• Thank you for that helpful tip! I do use gdgb, and there are a lot of "how to's" and tablature for the 3 string.  

• Search 4 string cigar box guitar on YouTube?

• Yes, checked out YouTube,  but looking for music to print.

This reply was deleted.