screwups gone good.

well im on my first build and i decided to use a box form a gun cleaning kit i had laying around. and to be honest after finishing the neck and being very happy with it i wasn't so happy with the box, but i decided this is the first and the one you learn the most from so i pressed forward. ok enough of that to the point. today i was cutting f holes and the pickup hole in the box so i covered it with masking tape but when i pealed the tape off some specks of finish came off to. so after thinking a bit i grabed my sander and sanded back the top then grabed some medium brown stain off the shelf and thats when it happened. WOW does this thing look so much better now! it had a ugly redish cherry type finish that was just blaw. but now bam this thing is great looking im so much happier now. don't ya love it when ya screw up and it works out even better.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Surffrogg, it can't be just me . . . . . doesn't that guitar look like it has a face?
    surffrogg said:
    yep had a similar experience with a cohiba box

boxes have a way of telling u what they want to be
  • well i got her wired and strung up i dont have a camra so i will take it to a friends house and get some pics. hope to get some pics up buy tommarow.
  • Yup, sometimes those screw ups is just a message - "this aint going to plan, what else you got??"
  • wow i almost have this thing to gether all i have left is the nut, bridge. and wire it up i put the breaks on today because i just glued the neck last night and i wanted plenty of time for the glue to cure.

any way im excited.

Thanks guys
  • yep had a similar experience with a cohiba box

boxes have a way of telling u what they want to be
  • Sometimes the best jobs come from trying to fix a mess don't they
This reply was deleted.