Replies

• Not to hijack the thread but I wanted to mention the free standing Delta bandsaw I bought a cple of weeks ago.I LOVE that bandsaw.I have to say its the best tool investment I've made since I bought my table saw new back in'86,,,,
    I can cut a 3 string neck to fit a box in just a few minutes and have it ready to button up
    Since I build in "runs" and assemble anywhere from 3 to 8 3 strings in a run I can get up to 8 ready to sell in an hour or so.
    I'm thinking about selling my little table bandsaw I've been using for the last cple of years.
  • So I heard, and I can see that their power hand tools are... questionable, but how are the larger power tools? I would much rather have a Craftsman or Ryobi (or other name brand) drill press/sander/band saw/etc/ than what I've seem form HF. Now don't get me wrong, I love the place. I could spend my retirement $$ on their hand tools!

-WY

Travis "SlackJack" Woodall said:
    I love living in a town that has a Harbor Freight!!! Bought my drill press from there.
  • I have a 36 in that I use everyday.However if I had it to do over again I'd get a 48 in,it would work much better for me.I didnt know at the time that 36 tho I can use it isnt quite long enough. It works fine but it does slow me down some per piece.Time is my enemy when I'm making a run of necks etc.
  • I love living in a town that has a Harbor Freight!!! Bought my drill press from there.
  • Oh, wait. I got an email with a discount coupon. Sorry. If anyone wants me to, I will forward you the email with the coupons. I didn't notice that, my bad.
  • This is crazy. The link above is for Harbor Freight Tools USA. I'm going to Harbor Freight Tools. No real difference except I can't find prices on the one listed here. This item is $89 at harborfreight.com .

Anyone know the difference?

-WY
This reply was deleted.