i already posted this in "it goes to 11", but thought i might get more response here - i just finished a ruby amp and it works just fine with my strat, but when i plug in my cbg w/2 piezos in series all i get is an obnoxious loud sound like an overloaded hum - help!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• no, it works fine on my store bought amps

Wes Yates said:
    Hmmmmm did you ground everything correctly then? There is a picture here on the Nation that has two piezo's in series, Maybe your wiring is off.

-WY
  • Hmmmmm did you ground everything correctly then? There is a picture here on the Nation that has two piezo's in series, Maybe your wiring is off.

-WY
  • thanks, but i have a separate gain pot and i encase all my piezos in hot glue

Wes Yates said:
    Nope. Used one myself. Make a hellova racket tho. I think you can use a capacitor somewhere (pins 7/8?) on the LM386. Somewhere where the gain/tone would be. Also sandwich the piezo in wood/silicone (search online here for pics).

-WY
  • Nope. Used one myself. Make a hellova racket tho. I think you can use a capacitor somewhere (pins 7/8?) on the LM386. Somewhere where the gain/tone would be. Also sandwich the piezo in wood/silicone (search online here for pics).

-WY
This reply was deleted.