Romeo and Juliet boxes

What do y'all think of them? I'm about to start build number three and those are the only boxes I have left. They seem a bit deeper, how will they affect the sound? Thanks for the help. -Ando RIPMJ

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks folks, being a newb to this whole cbg life I just wantd to get some other opinions!
  • I Built one and used the top as the top and it is my best one so far...
  • I agree with you that pressboard tops can sound great. The only thought I would have is that you'd better string them lightly/low tension, because they probably won't hold up long term nearly as well as wood...

the best,

Wichita Sam

Jkevn said:
    Don't automatically give up on a cardboard/pressboard top. I have two Punch boxes that I discovered had cardboard tops while removing the inside paper. I was heart broken, until I built them. They ended up being two of the best sounding I have done yet. You just never know sometimes til ya string them up.
  • Don't automatically give up on a cardboard/pressboard top. I have two Punch boxes that I discovered had cardboard tops while removing the inside paper. I was heart broken, until I built them. They ended up being two of the best sounding I have done yet. You just never know sometimes til ya string them up.
  • I built one last week and made a 3 string out of it.It had a nice sound and it sold the same day I brought it in and started demo ing it.
    I also used the top as the TOP because folks seem to be more responsive to looks rather then sound.But as I said it sounded fine.
    And it made money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Building on the bottom!!??

Oh man! What's the difficulty level of that?
  • The tops looks great but the bottoms sounds better like tiny said.
  • Deep is good up to a point... I've used R&J boxes on basses and they sound great... But, scratch the surface, I've run into some that had pressed board tops... If that's the case, just build "on the bottom"...

the best,

Wichita Sam
This reply was deleted.