Howdy,

My home built amp has been fun but....looking to get a 'store bought' amp to plug my cigar boxes into. I'm pretty sold on the Micro Cube and I keep reading here on 'the Nation', folks urging others to get themselves one for under a 100 bucks.

Okay, I'm game. But I can't seem to find one new anywhere for under about 130 bucks. Anybody out there know of any sales any where on the aforementioned item?

Scott

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• new buck 30 used ebay craigs list ? the new ones are differnt i got an old one i think i payed $70 for it still use it

• I just got a Fender mini mustang and love it it runs off 6 c cells or ac plenty effects and its 99 bucks. Go down to your local pusher and try one out you won't be sorry
  • eBay! Got mine new with shipping for $65!
    You'll pay a lot more at a music shop. I use mine to demo on when I'm selling. Works great!
  • Scott,

I bought a new one on Amazon a couple of months ago for abround $115 with free shipping and am very happy with it. here is a link to one on Amazon for $114.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Guitar-Amp/dp/B000K0POPQ/re...

If you are comfortable with ebay there are several used ones on there for varying prices.

Good Luck!

• Most of the time, I find myself using a VHT Special 6 Combo tube amp with a Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp tube and a Tung-Sol 6V6GT power tube when at home.  The amp is wired point to point so modifications or repairs are easier.  I don't know why the local stores don't carry this awesome little amp.  It will even allow two inputs so you can use a stomp box or mic.

Now for ac or battery power, my Roland Cube RX is super convenient.  it has a drum machine included and can take inputs from a mp3 player.  It's 4 speakers produce an amazing bass which i needed for the "D" string from a bass I put on my 4 string.  It costs more than the regular Cube, but the added features seem worth it to me.

Neither of these are the cheapest available.  They both sound really good to me.

• Bringing this 2yr old post back to life seeing as it is such a good positive for the Micro cube.

Just got one on the "Bay" with psu and payed £40, that according to Google is just $64.34, it sounds great, i also have a Vox DA5 but now prefer the cube.

Jim

• indeed I agree Jim-I own both the DA5 and the microcube-one thing that hasnt been mentioned is the editing on the vox da5, which I find a confusing pain in the ass..I still use it (onstage to dirty up my vocal) but it is no way as user friendly as the foolproof microcube.I always use the microcube when practicing at home-love it.

• Your right matey "a confusing pain in the ass" especially if you use a Looper, those effects do get in the way.

Will sell the DA5 eventually i know it.

Jim

• Thanks for the youtube link Jonny, there is another link off that one of Alvin Lee playing a pignose during an interview that was cool too. The pignose is a classic it seems and IMHO has 'the look' for sure but since I don't own a bunch of effects pedals I have to go with what Mike said:

"Reply by Mike Willmouth on April 8, 2011 at 7:15pm

I have a pignose too. I was just looking for something that had effects with it, so I wouldn't have to drag around peddles."

I wonder if I add a fuzz pedal/box in line on the microcube if I can get the same pignose sound from it. The MicroCube seems to get plenty gritty as it is depending on your gain and effects settings like Stack and R-fier but maybe not as 'fuzzy' as the pignose can get or at least not the same kind of 'fuzzy' [as it were].

• Im dead keen on my Pignose. Check this vid http://youtu.be/Y4f76ng49wA
This reply was deleted.