Replies

• I make my bridge material out of maple and the intonation is pretty close - you could make a compensated maple bridge - the g string tends to need to be a bit longer I believe - maybe copy the pattern from an acoustic bridge?

• Would this be suitable to make a biscuits bridge, its wood don't know what kind of wood it is, its hollow ,its a old snuff box. Trying to make a vintage looking rezo.

• 306505211?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

s-l1600.jpg22.jpg

• Well, for one thing, resonators are noted for generally having poor intonation. Since many resonator players play slide, it's not that hard to adjust positioning to achieve the correct note.

If you're building from scratch, you may want to plan ahead and do some intonation testing before you button everything down permanently.

I'm currently working on a six string resonator with a 9 1/2" cone and a traditional biscuit. Since the biscuit cannot be moved lower or higher to achieve intonation, I plan to measure the location of the 12th fret before installing the fret board. I will confirm that the 12th produces an a accurate octave. If strings need minor tweaking I don't see why the biscuit cannot be rotated to an angle much like we do with our floating bridges currently.

I plan to play mostly slide, but it's always good to get the intonation right regardless of playing style.

• That's probably the best way Tom,i'd suggest setting your bridge initially on your top 'e' string,and rake back from there to the bass 'e',without height adjustment,that's probably your best option

• Thanks for the reply. I'm building a 6 string also, with tin pie plate as the cone, round biscuits bridge will take your advice on not nailing anything down till correct intonation is found. Thanks again.

This reply was deleted.