Replies

• So decission is done - i ordered 1 mm copper. Will see how stiff and resistant it finally will be. Thanks to all for the good tipps and advices.

• Any beating or striking of the copper will result in indentations of some sort,it will also 'move' the molecular structure,making areas alternatively thicker or thinner,with patience,and a lot of work,you can still get a good finish,but you will need a form to work it on to get a top finish,for a form,i'd suggest finding an old compressor tank end dome of the required shape,but once you've done that it might just be simpler to use the dome as a form for pressing the copper to shape using a hydraulic jack as a press,a little bit of work setting up a lightweight frame to use as a press will be far short of the time required to dress the copper to a good finish with malletts and slap bars

• I will use a press anyway. Tried to shape a tincan lid with a hammer to a resonator. Poor result ..... Can work well with timber, but metall is a totally different story.
  • covers ?  who  needs  em  ?

1928 national 666 tri cone resonator skull mod 3

;-)

• Hm, thanks for all the answers guys. Honestly, i am confused now ;-). Think i will go for 1 mm and simply follow the "learning by doing" rule.
    • That's what this is all about "learn by doing". It will all work out in the end. Go for it.......

• That's more than thick enough,it's not going to take any load.This guitar front is 0.66 thick,planished with a polished faced hammer,both to change the appearance and work harden the copper.306541576?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024306542515?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Amazing work on that!!!

This reply was deleted.