Hello again Nation,

I know, I know folks. You told me to keep it simple on the first build, but I saw some resonators on here and had to add one.  I've got my resonator in place but I was wondering, is it important for the bridge to sit in the center of the resonator or does it matter? I'm using a metal peanut can lid (similar to a paint can lid). Thanks!

-JD

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• String it up before you decide on the fret spacing, then you can slide the bridge around and see how well it works off set.  I am guessing it should be in the middle, the pressure around the rim will be more even that way.  I have a can lid reso in progress and my box is also short, but I think you just have to get used to playing a short box.
  • It is not so much the scale length I was worried about.  I haven't set up the neck yet.  The reason I ask is that I am using a shorter box and I just wanted to mack sure there is room to play the instrument on the body. Thanks for your help.

JD

• well on a propper spun cone it should be in the middle or uneven presure would distort the cone - but with a Peanut/Paint can lid i would say that distortion should not be too much of a problem - but i'd say in a ideal world the centre would be best for optimal sound output

so should i take it by this question your scale length dose not fall in the middle of the Cone /Lid ?

juju :)

This reply was deleted.