Neck and fingerboard are glued with tightbond ...there's some glue in the joint I didn't notice until recently... After agressive sanding I'm wondering if some goo off might help or something else? It's not a large amount of glue but when staining I know it will show up. Stubborn glue spots for sure..

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your sand paper is filling up perhaps, if so try sanding with water. A higher grit black "Wet & Dry" Norton Carborundum say 220 grit may just take the bite. Also use a block. I like red oak, but the soft & hard spots are a real PITA. Good Luck brotha~

Doug 

• scrape off the excess glue with a knife blade, Titebond is harder than wood, sanding will take away too much wood. In future keep those sides clean of glue seeping out of the compressed joint with paper until it's settled down.  :-)

• I haven't tried this on anything major. But there are some builders who use regular Elmer's for most of their builds
  • Try using a scraper or chisel to scrape it off.

• Try some heat and a razor blade to scrape off. 

Wade

• Vinegar is supposed to remove wood glue but I haven't tried it. 

• I usually use a sharp knife, or preferably, a good sharp small chisel to remove dried glue.

• Titebond II is stubborn stuff.  I'm looking for a clear alternative myself.

This reply was deleted.