I am trying to find a way to record 4 tracks (live) at once with a decent but affordable audio interface

Either fire wire or usb.

I have purchased an Alexis I04 recently , but it wont play ball with Acid Pro 8 and the Cubase wont work either..

So it works as a mixer but not as a recording interface for me.

I have been recomended the Akai unit, but on the internet this also has lots of driver issues.

Previously I have used a Line pod 6 UX2 which is brilliant, but it only does 2 channels at once.

Plus the valve recording station shown above..(cheap used off ebay)

Help has anyone cracked an easy afordable way of doing this with low noise, maybe with a USB mixer.?

I'm trying to find the right bit of kit seems much more tricky than it needs to be..

Also do cheap USB mixers add loads of noise or are they ok for recording and does anyone do one that allows four track recording into Acid pro all at once.  

All ideas are wellcome.....

Views: 1827

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I've liked the look of Zoom stuff and thought about it. All their gear tends to be packed with features but what do they have to trade off to flog it at those prices. I know people who love their Zoom gear and others who feel it's a bit plastic and flimsy with below par sound quality. Dunno who's right. Depends what you're expecting I guess.

The portastudio units that run on SD cards are great if you want to record somewhere that you wouldn't want to lug a PC along to. The ones I looked at seemed good until I looked at what they'd do when you wanted full multi-track recording computer - they tended to offer only a couple of tracks even though they had four or eight faders. I don't know about the R16 - maybe that's better.

With all these units there's an element of "you get what you pay for".

Bemuzic used it for her album and that sounds fab...I recon if I can figure this out it should be wicked.. time will tell . It apparently does 8 in and 8 out as an audio interface, but only if yiou can figure out how to use it...

I need a point and shoot..device... so far turned it on, got confused and repacked it...as was tight on time..

so far cant get past this, anyone know how to start a project?

Incase anyone gets the same fault
It was a cheap and nasty faulty sd card that came with it.
Well done zoom!

heres a quick youtube link to a very quick 5 min mess about on it

Zoom Quick tester

First go live recording with a zoom, 4 mics into the zoom 4 channels recorded as I played the song

Mics are cheap chinese sm57 £12 copies, and a vintage sure China copy.

It surely must sound better than my Iphone recordings?... if not I have failed.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/riverside-blues-live-zoom-r16?x...

O.K. now you can't mix everything in headphone you need to dig up a pair of these.

There are tons a affordable monitors out there but it really helps to have more then one reference as to how your mix sounds. I got a pair HS5's on sale no regrets. Wanted the 8's could not afford.

Nice..

My brother is using Midas Venice U16 for his home studio

Cool never hear of that one before. any good?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Thank you Poorness ! for loving it ! appreciated!"
10 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Timothy Hunter's discussion just came accross this pickup idea on youtube.
" Very interesting. Thank you Timothy!"
10 hours ago
Kent Thurston updated their profile
11 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Punch Project!

She now sports gold metal CBGitty knobs, speaker and an Artec 2.5 watt speaker. Finished this in…
12 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Project Punch!

Gonna finally get back on this long-delayed project that is more than half complete. (The matching…
12 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
14 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Rob (Uker) Porras
"Hope this helps?"
14 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"I appreciate the kind words Papa D! I have always loved the look of these cigar boxes. Glad to have…"
17 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

The recorded History By Alan Lomax for the library of Congres of the Blues, from Mc Kinley Morganfield (Aka Muddy Waters) the in this take recorded Tribute ...
20 hours ago
Papa D commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"Beautiful..Nice work Doug.."
yesterday
Papa D commented on Papa D's photo
Thumbnail

american1 Sun Glo

"Thanx AGP & Doug..  4 more coming soon"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->