Replies

• I'd call it heavy.
    Taff

• if you build an ammo box guitar, its an "instrument, musical, ammo bov, field expedient"

• A lot of the 3 and 4 stringers you'll here and on other sites have boxes built by the builder. Either because they want a better quality wood in the box or because suitable cigar boxes are not readily available to them.

Most of the folks I know just call them all "Box Guitars" and leave it at that.

In the end, it doesn't matter as what we are usually talking about is "Hand Made Musical Instruments".

• Me ether.  Looks like someone has been using it, though.

https://reverb.com/item/7589648-shonky-tinjo-2017-natural-canjo-1-s...

• Well Whaddaya know, never seen that word used.

Taff

• They are called tinjo’s?

• When I'm talking to a customer I call the ones made with an actual cigar box a CBG, and the others on display CBG style guitars.

I think I remember seeing guitars made out of a tin called canjo's, maybe they should be called tinjo's, haha.
    Taff

• If it’s in the spirit of a cigar box guitar, then it is? It’s just one of those things?

• well have a look at the entries for some of the competitions here. there are a lot not made from actual "cigar boxes". if you are pedantic then call it a cigar box style guitar. 

• I'm not an expert at all, but in my humble opinion you can make any handmade box to a cigar box by putting a cigar in it.You can take the cigar out again and build a guitar - then called a cigar box guitar.
    But you should have a proof. So make a photo when the cigar is in the box.

This reply was deleted.