Are there enough of you CBGers out there to put on an annual CBG/Blues festival? Maybe a "Juke Joint" Night somewhere, say once a month, in different places. . . anybody had experience in this area in Queensland?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haha .... It's hard not to like captain tricko.
    Paul Thorley said:
    Hi Michael,
    Are you a mate of Capt. Tricko?

Michael Hutchins said:
    Hi guys, fantastic idea, count me in. I live in Mooloolaba. Happy to travel where ever to meet with u all.
  • Cool Penny, momentum's gathering. . .

Penny Nelson said:
    Great idea - I'm in when we get it happening....
    Penny
  • Great idea - I'm in when we get it happening....
    Penny
  • Hi Michael,
    Are you a mate of Capt. Tricko?

Michael Hutchins said:
    Hi guys, fantastic idea, count me in. I live in Mooloolaba. Happy to travel where ever to meet with u all.
  • Hi guys, fantastic idea, count me in. I live in Mooloolaba. Happy to travel where ever to meet with u all.
  • Be good if we could all get together socially, for a feed and a jam where we can swap ideas and meet face to face.
    If the whole thing was set up like a "club" meeting, then we could hold it in a variety of places from goldie to noosa and the hinterland along the way as well. That would generate a lot of interest in the general public and introduce them to our fat sound and create a following of sorts. . the annual festival etc. would follow as a natural progression once everyone's had a taste. . .
  • Sounds great Paul.
    I gig about a bit and have recently added the CBG into my sets. I'd love to get something happening.
    An annual festival sounds cool.
    I have contacts here in Brisbane. We could take it on the road and do the Sunny Coast, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
  • sounds cool

gary martin said:
    Paul i have a friend who runs BURLEIGH UNDERGROUND DRUMMERS and they have jams every 2nd wed night and a blues concert first saturday night of the month.Real good stuff and the partner in this venture is Coral Saunders ,ex BASEQ president and a mover and shaker of anything blues.I will run it by them for some cbg inclusion,what do you think ?
This reply was deleted.