After an old recording you used to have, but now miss? Maybe some live stuff or bootlegs of a particular band you like? Put your requests here and I'll try to find it for you.

Views: 1669

Replies to This Discussion

melvin taylor is a great blues guitarist....

i think there are some live things as "melvin taylor and the slack band"

Any Tarbox Ramblers or Robert Belfour would be great.

you asked...so here goes a few!!!

1) anything live from watermelon slim and the workers?  he has a lot of youtube videos and i have seen him in person twice...great performances!!!!

2) Mountain...a great band from the early 70s with leslie west on lead guitar and vocals.......anything live from them???? also leslie west who has quite a few solo albums out..

3) not blues...but heard the other day that def leopard has a live record out in april or may...any way to get a copy of that??? supposed to be quite good

4) anything live from a group called the jelly roll kings.....a band with big jack johnson, frank frost, and sam lay - had i think 2 albums from fat possum....but heard they might have some unreleased live stuff.....that would be a treat.....big jack lives close to here and i see him about 5-6 times a year.........

5) lastly.....hey is that rolling stones blues file you posted last week any good?????

challenging enough???????

seriously...i have had many hours of enjoyment from music from this group....this week, i had to fly to dallas texas and your music from this group kept me company....thanks much

mike hardwick

yep - some great covers of stones songs - check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Rolling-Stones-Bluesd-Tribute/dp/B00006...

check the page over the next few days - will do a bit of digging for ya

mike hardwick said:

1) anything live from watermelon slim and the workers?  he has a lot of youtube videos and i have seen him in person twice...great performances!!!!

2) Mountain...a great band from the early 70s with leslie west on lead guitar and vocals.......anything live from them???? also leslie west who has quite a few solo albums out..

3) not blues...but heard the other day that def leopard has a live record out in april or may...any way to get a copy of that??? supposed to be quite good

4) anything live from a group called the jelly roll kings.....a band with big jack johnson, frank frost, and sam lay - had i think 2 albums from fat possum....but heard they might have some unreleased live stuff.....that would be a treat.....big jack lives close to here and i see him about 5-6 times a year.........

5) lastly.....hey is that rolling stones blues file you posted last week any good?????

seriously...i have had many hours of enjoyment from music from this group....this week, i had to fly to dallas texas and your music from this group kept me company....thanks much

mike hardwick

still no downloads out for def leppards "mirrorball' - live cd and dvd - remind me in a month or so
mike hardwick said:

mike hardwick

you are a magic man!!!

thanks for all of your work on this!!!!!!!  i am downloading all of this that you posted!!!  i have been trying to find that watermelon slim dvd.....supposed to be great, but it is extremely hard to find>>>>thanks bunches

mike
TikiGraham said:

still no downloads out for def leppards "mirrorball' - live cd and dvd - remind me in a month or so
mike hardwick said:

mike hardwick

thanks for all of the mountain!!!!!

they are great!

mike

mr tiki!!!

is there any audio from Ry Cooder and the Moula Banda Rythm Aces....it was a concert footage from the late 1980's shot in santa clara california......it was shown in europe but not in the US..im sure you can find a avi file,,,but since it was recorded...is there an audio of this anywhere..fantastic playing and ensemble singing.....awesome footage

mike

If you're asking for requests, then dang...here's mine  (I'll try not to ask for too many at once!  I'm greedy...)

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - soundtrack

Blues Brothers 2000 - soundtrack

Paris Texas - soundtrack  

Ry Cooder and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt - A Meeting by the River

Ry Cooder and Ali Farka Toure - Talking Timbuktu

Tiny Tim - God Bless Tiny Tim

Debashish Bhattacharya - Hindustani Slide Guitar

The Slide Guitar - Bottles, Knives and Steel (vol. 1 & 2)

Thank you so much for your expertise on sniffing out all those awesome recordings!

Hi Timi -

Once again - thanks for all the great music.

I'm loving Ray Cashman. Never heard of him until you posted some of his excellent music.

I used to have an album by the Turbines called Magic Fingers and Hourly Rates - which I loved.

If you can find it, or anything else by the Turbines or front man John Havorka that would be great.

Cheers

Tone

Thanks for the heads-up on turbines. Have got a couple of compilations with them on, but downloaded those 2 albums, and they both fit on one cd, been outside having a few beers and cranking it - reminds me a bit of the Nomads,

cheers,

Graham

fire away any other requests whenever you like - it introduces me to new stuff too, so that's a bonus

enjoy

Lost Tone said:

Hi Timi -

Once again - thanks for all the great music.

I'm loving Ray Cashman. Never heard of him until you posted some of his excellent music.

I used to have an album by the Turbines called Magic Fingers and Hourly Rates - which I loved.

If you can find it, or anything else by the Turbines or front man John Havorka that would be great.

Cheers

Tone

tiki!!!! i am having problems downloading the ron woods - bo diddley concert....could you check it to make sure it is working?

also....paul rodgers (bad Company) ..i think on the side has recorded a couple of solo albums...i seem to remember that he recorded a record of mainly chess or even all muddy waters tunes which i think was critically acclaimed but not commercially successful...have no idea what the title of that cd is????

mike

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Local Production Guitars - Malawi

Started by Jon Clemence Dec 18, 2013. 0 Replies

PUT YOUR REQUESTS HERE

Started by Graham. Last reply by David T Nov 14, 2013. 199 Replies

Here is a free cd

Started by Matthew Borczon Sep 30, 2013. 0 Replies

Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Started by PhilUSAFRet Jun 23, 2013. 0 Replies

BYRON BLUESFEST 2013

Started by Graham. Last reply by Graham Feb 27, 2013. 97 Replies

take me to your sound files

Started by Ice Bob. Last reply by Matthew Borczon Jan 19, 2012. 0 Replies

The Who - August 10, 1968

Started by Dan Sleep. Last reply by Graham Dec 30, 2011. 1 Reply

That Special Summer 8 track or Cassette!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mike hardwick. Last reply by Silent Jim Oct 2, 2011. 8 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

"Thank you Poorness ! for loving it ! appreciated!"
13 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Timothy Hunter's discussion just came accross this pickup idea on youtube.
" Very interesting. Thank you Timothy!"
13 hours ago
Kent Thurston updated their profile
13 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Punch Project!

She now sports gold metal CBGitty knobs, speaker and an Artec 2.5 watt speaker. Finished this in…
14 hours ago
Southern Ray posted a photo

Project Punch!

Gonna finally get back on this long-delayed project that is more than half complete. (The matching…
14 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked A.D.EKER's video
16 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Rob (Uker) Porras
"Hope this helps?"
16 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"I appreciate the kind words Papa D! I have always loved the look of these cigar boxes. Glad to have…"
19 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
22 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

Im Troubled (Tribute) Mc K Morganfield by BCB - A.D .Eker 2024.

The recorded History By Alan Lomax for the library of Congres of the Blues, from Mc Kinley Morganfield (Aka Muddy Waters) the in this take recorded Tribute ...
22 hours ago
Papa D commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Dueling Flatheads

"Beautiful..Nice work Doug.."
yesterday
Papa D commented on Papa D's photo
Thumbnail

american1 Sun Glo

"Thanx AGP & Doug..  4 more coming soon"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->