Replies

• Another thing to remember when using the fretfinder printouts is to line up the registry lines that are printed on the outside edge of the page like a box in very light black.  If you don't do that, the fret where you tape the pages together will be too large and cause the scale length to be too long.  I will admit that the first CBG I made was that way, but by the second, I had seen the registry lines and figured out what they were used for.

• This might not be a perfect solution to get exactly 24", but you could skip the first two frets of the 25.5" scale which should get you very close.

Wade

• I am using internet explorer on both XP & 7, but only 7 doesn't work.  I am going to look into how it handles popups and see if that is the problem.  At least the old XP laptop is still working for now.

• The problem that Grant is having with the fretfinder page not showing the scale length is one that I have had ever since I changed from Windows XP to 7.  I have to use an old laptop with win XP to get the program to work.  I think it's what updates your win 7 has, because none of my friends have the problem, so try another computer as Mark suggested.

• Just for kicks I tried the fretfind site using internet explorer and got the same problem you described. Went back FireFox and it worked no problem.

Mark

•  Was that using win 7 ? , I've got FireFox on my laptop running Win 7 i'll give it a try .

• I made you a 24" four string one to try, comes out perfect for me if i set it to print at 100%, let me know how you go.  the tuners on there are gittys budget jobbies.  I find using a ruler (over the top of the printed ones) really helps join up the pages exactly right. enjoy

neck.pdf

• Thanks for that , I've printed it out , didn't print the headstock but the frets printed ok , thanks again .

• The first page didn't print?
        I don't understand that..
        But p two and three scales right for you when you check the printed ruler against a real one?
  • http://www.ekips.org/tools/guitar/fretfind2d/

will make any scale you want and send you a .pdf to print out.  Make sure that your print is set to actual size and not shrink to fit or some other custom size.

Mark

This reply was deleted.