howdy guys, it's been 3 years and i finally got my shop back up and running. when i stopped building, you could order prewired amp kits, some with gain. they were complete kits and were under $15. anybody have any idea where i would start to look? i've been digging for a couple of days now with not much luck. thanks ya'll, glad to be back.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yea, i will prolly just go with Gitty to support the cause, thanks for the help guys

• CB Gitty is good and ebay too.  I ordered one from China.... took a while to get here tho... but works good.

• Good point:  no warranty on the Chinese stuff, and takes a few weeks to ship... anything from Gitty shows up fast, even in California...

• im gonna start putting them right in the guitars

• thanks guys

• I've been pretty happy with these:  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NJM386D-LM386-Low-Voltage-Audio-Amplifier-M...

Jumper selectable gain (20/200)   add a 9V jack, Speaker and an input jack...   screw terminals on the board...  Works great.

John

• Hey, can you post a very simple "wiring an amp for dummies" diagrams, sketches, and photos? Lot to ask, but I get headaches even looking at Gitty's simple schematics. You make it sound easy -"just add -----" but English ain't easy if you don't know how to string words together to form a sentence.

This reply was deleted.