Preamp?

All,

I have the C.B. Gitty Complete "Pure & Simple" Cigar Box Guitar Kit, I also have a stick on piezo pickup.  I have been searching for info on external preamps that work well with my set up and I am not finding much.  My budget tops out at $200.  Any suggestions?

Kevin 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306521566?profile=originalYep, I'm with Wayfinder. I put one of the Gitty preamps in a small gigar box so I can use it with multiple instruments.

• Hey Bluesheart. Just found this thread and i know it goes back a few years. Could you tell me how you wired up the input jack? It looks to me that most of the prenade pre amps have a 2.5mm jack for a rod piezo. I'd like to do the same as yourself and moumt in a box with a 1/4" jack.
      Thanks in advance
      • It's all right here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IP2rmn9SxE

Basically, cut off the rod piezo and wire it to a jack. The outer braid goes to the outer shield on the jack...   easy...

• Amazing! Thanks John. I was picturing i'd have to take apart the preamp board and unsolder the 2.5mm from the board and replace with a 1/4" .
  • Kevin, as Wayfinder said, the Gitty preamp works great.

Here are 2 photos of the last one I used, they might be some help to you.

IMG_3721.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

• Cool!  I am hesitant to build it into the box. I am not handy......at all!   Is there a way to mount it externally, maybe into another cigar box?

• I use an effects pedal, even with the effect turned off/bypassed it works as a preamp.  I happened to have one but they can be pretty cheap.

This reply was deleted.