In the shop. sometimes you are working on the neck of an assembled build and that stresses the instrument.  I've seen fancy supports made of leather filled with something cushy.

I filled a crew sock with dry rice and tied the end closed.  Prop it up on a spare cigar box and lay the neck on that.  Voila!  Make as many as you need to support longer necks.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do! I use a tube sox and about 2 lbs of rice, and then stuff it inside another tube sock that you can take off and launder now and then.

But is smells weirdly like supper is ready.

Wade said:
    Heat the thing up in the microwave after a long day in the shop. Makes a nice heating pad!

Tom Lanford said:
    Great Idea! I used to do the same thing years ago for a hand rest when target shooting pistols
  • Heat the thing up in the microwave after a long day in the shop. Makes a nice heating pad!

Tom Lanford said:
    Great Idea! I used to do the same thing years ago for a hand rest when target shooting pistols
  • Great Idea! I used to do the same thing years ago for a hand rest when target shooting pistols
  • And wear the sock. :->

Iggy said:
    And when you are done, you can cook the rice and eat it!! Environmentally friendly too!!!
  • And when you are done, you can cook the rice and eat it!! Environmentally friendly too!!!
  • Add that to Secrets of the CBG Undergound group!

-WY
This reply was deleted.