I really don’t KNOW how to play,but I have picked up a couple of tunes, made up one of my own that sounds good and I’m practicing slides I have not figured out how to be quick enough to add it to a tune seamlessly so it sounds good BUT..I can make a few notes sound good AND make a slide sound good…sometimes ,all I have to do is mate them together and I enjoy it,I also began cutting some cherry necks and mahogany fret boards to learn from my mistakes and also to plan ahead a bit,I have an old pure cedar box to use next ,it’s in great shape but the glue is all gone and it s all loose but it’s all cedar no plywood.This is kind of habit forming……

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks I’ll do that,I watch Southern fire guitars with Mike and Del Puckett also.

• Shane has some good slide lesson videos for beginners, check out the Resources tab for build/play info, even some music? His channel: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpET_ZZI7rmROAInFkbD9szyuIXn2zM-T

• yes it is. 

Just keep playing, slow down to the speed you can play at and eventually the speed will increase.  nothing wrong with slow blues..lol 

This reply was deleted.