pizzo attached to neck

after having my first build for a couple of years now i finally took the jump and made a pizzo pick up. i have had a slight problem though.  i glued it to the neck inside the box, and now it picks up the slightest touch to the neck.  is there anything i can do to muffle the sound i get from touching hte neck or does my cheap ass need to scrap up the buck 99 for a new pizzo and put it somewhere else?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes i have read many times people talking about where on the face of the lid to mount the pup. But from a lot of messing around i found that mounting it on the neck about an inch from the bridge is just right! Great tone and a lot less feedback!
  • I agree with Wes. Right under the bridge seems to work fine. They are rather "microphonic", and you can help that by separating the piezo a little from the wood. I use 3-M silicone, and that works very well. Other guys use two-sided tape, rubber cement (barge cement) and a dozen other techniques.
  • Piezo, and the best place to put one is under the bridge. I mount mine in a dime sized glob of hot glue on the underside of the lid next to the neck or in a hollowed out portion of the bridge plate.

-WY
This reply was deleted.