Replies

• That's good to know. I have a bunch of spoke nipples around and was considering using them. Now, probably won't.

Wichita Sam said:
    Wade,

This is OK, but from my bicycle building days, I seem to remember that these are threaded on the inside with fairly sharp edges that would be hard on strings. for a couple bucks you can have a supply of pop rivets that would do a score of builds...

the best,

Sam

Wade said:
    If your looking for free, I've used the barrel type nut that holds old bicycle spokes to the rim.
  • Wade,

This is OK, but from my bicycle building days, I seem to remember that these are threaded on the inside with fairly sharp edges that would be hard on strings. for a couple bucks you can have a supply of pop rivets that would do a score of builds...

the best,

Sam

Wade said:
    If your looking for free, I've used the barrel type nut that holds old bicycle spokes to the rim.
  • If your looking for free, I've used the barrel type nut that holds old bicycle spokes to the rim.
  • Rivet Barrels.

-WY
  • thanks! that worked. I was trying to pull them out and didn't want to break my teeth. :)

Wichita Sam said:
    clare... hold the rivet with a pair of pliers, slap the pin again a hard surface and it pops out. ... Sam

Clare said:
    Hi Guys, how do you slap the middle out of the rivet?

Wichita Sam said:
    pop rivet grommets... slap the middle out of the rivet and you have a 1/8" shank and a 1/4" cap. you can get pop rivet grommets in Alumimum, steel and chrome plated...

very easy to use and readily available....
  • Pop rivet grommets here too from now on. I did use tention pins on my first build but I do not like them!
  • clare... hold the rivet with a pair of pliers, slap the pin again a hard surface and it pops out. ... Sam

Clare said:
    Hi Guys, how do you slap the middle out of the rivet?

Wichita Sam said:
    pop rivet grommets... slap the middle out of the rivet and you have a 1/8" shank and a 1/4" cap. you can get pop rivet grommets in Alumimum, steel and chrome plated...

• Hi Guys, how do you slap the middle out of the rivet?

Wichita Sam said:

• I use the pop rivet grommets also...plus I use the shafts for frets...just need a slight trim and file down the sharp ends.
This reply was deleted.