Piezo source

Anybody have a source for the piezo transducers other than Radio Shack? My local store only gets them in 2 at a time every couple of weeks. I'd like to order some in bulk without the wires attached and am unsure of where to order from and exactly what to order.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is what I have been doing......go to your local thrift shop....goodwill.....what ever....and buy old electric alarm clocks. Take them home, set them for a couple of mins...and make sure the alarm works. If so..unplug it, open it up and rip out the transducer, carefully...there you go...I have struck gold the last few times and if you get a cheap alarm clcok, you don't loose much money.
  • Tons of piezos here. Many different sizes and frequencies. Cheap too.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=piezoelectric&...
  • Well, I see he has 10 packs for around $16 with free shipping. I paid $9.99, I must have bought what everyone else returned!! Still at $16, still cheaper than Radio Shack and you don't have to take then out of the little plastic case.
  • Thanks for the links. Didn't see that it had already been covered
  • I just bought 10 for $9 something and free shipping off e-Bay. Haven't tried them yet so I don't know how good they are. There that price all the time.
This reply was deleted.