Hi all, I am in the early stages of a reso build, and I am looking for advice on where to put the piezo. I have some 27mm disc piezos, but am about to place an order w/ Gitty and will have some rod piezos on the way. Build it into the bridge? Place it inside the resonator? Underside of the top? On the neck? Where would all of you experienced builders put it? I know I can experiment with tape and move it around to test and see, but I thought maybe you guys could give me a good starting point. Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Excellent, thanks alot guys.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Randy. That's what I was hoping for. Ya reckon it would work on something like this?

2012-03-24_19-04-34_874.jpg

2012-03-24_19-07-05_847.jpg

• yeah just need a small hole for the wires to go though, on lowes cones there`s a hole on top which makes it nice for the wires. That pic of that reso bridge went on one of harrison`s reso builds i included a matching buffalo horn nut. Make sure when you stick the disc in between the wood use hot glue. If you go over to the clubhouse and look through my pic`s [ around pages 8-11 ] you`ll see some of the other reso bridges i`ve made that were custom orders.

• Hi, If you can find it, I photographed a reso project I built a step at a time. Good info there. I think a disk somewhere under/in the bridge-reso cone assembly is a lot better than a rod or magnetic PU mounted somewhere else. Seems to me that you loose the reso sound with the PU mounted elsewhere. Try to find my pics, they Will help you.

Good luck on your build;

Bob

• i use my piezo disc in the reso bridge....sandwitch it in between 2 piece of wood and put a slot on the top piece for your saddle

Piezo Biscut bridge set

This reply was deleted.