Replies

• As everyone has said, if it's a simple piezo to 1/4" jack wiring hookup, with no vol pot, then the things to check are

1) Bad solders at each point of contact
    2) Bad amp grounding
    3) Bad cable

If all of these check out OK, see if you are located near a computer, fluorescent lights, TV, or other source of 60 cycle noise. A simple solution to picking up this sort of noise with your current "virtual antenna" circuit is shielding your leads by making them a twisted pair.
  • is your amp grounded? ive come across lots of amps that people cut the ground off the plug and these are always the amps that have made alot of noise and shock me.

• Just to be on the safe side...check you cable

• Check out in room if you have those energy efficient globes or fluro lights they will cause amp to Buzz too !

• Are you using a volume pot? That could be bad?
    If you have a pot, does it only hum at middle volumes, or only max, or at any setting?
  • Piezo's for the most part just don't hum. They do feed back .... volume control.

Most likely a bad solder point somewhere. Reheat and let them set ...try again.

• Never really had any problems with piezo pickups other than need a volume pot to turn the signal DOWN to prevent feedback. There is really no place to ground it other than grounding the bridge to the ground lug of your jack. Most bridges I use with piezo pickup guitars can't even be grounded. I guess you checked your cord & tried another amp?

Good luck!

This reply was deleted.