Replies

• That sounds pretty neat!!!

colin mcgrath said:
    It is a metal bowl (not sure on the type of metal) that comes in varying diameters and depth. One strikes the bowl with a wooden cylinder (or thick dowel) then rubs the dowel around the lip of the bowl, the vibrations are almost nonstop until the rubbing stops. I figure if the vibrations of a metal string can be electrified why not this.
  • It is a metal bowl (not sure on the type of metal) that comes in varying diameters and depth. One strikes the bowl with a wooden cylinder (or thick dowel) then rubs the dowel around the lip of the bowl, the vibrations are almost nonstop until the rubbing stops. I figure if the vibrations of a metal string can be electrified why not this.
  • OK, so what is a Tibetan Singing Bowl???

colin mcgrath said:
    Cool, I figured this might be something other than a piezo. I want to use a piezo under my tibetian singing bowl. I might just get one out of a smoke detector.
  • Didnt they used to tell folks to update their smoke detectors every so often, as well as replace the batteries,,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmm,, so the right thing to do is buy new detectors for the house,,,,,,,, and "figure out something to do with the old 1's?" So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Cool, I figured this might be something other than a piezo. I want to use a piezo under my tibetian singing bowl. I might just get one out of a smoke detector.
  • I got a thing like you got out of the stuffed animal, it is a speaker and can be used as a pickup/microphone but mine has a lot of feedback, squeels when in the wrong place in front of my amp. I got a piezo out of a smoke detector and it seems to work much better than the mic/speaker. The piezo is also very thin, about as thin as a dime.
  • That looks to be a small speaker...not a piezo. Piezo's will (almost) always look like this.....

Piezo_buzzer.jpg

This reply was deleted.