I am building my second slide steel guitar as a gift for a friend. BUT I have made an error, and angled the pickup in the wrong/non-standard direction, will this be a problem? I am thinking of making the hole bigger and making a mounting ring to cover it, any advice/ comments would be welcome.

Slide Photo.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• David: a fender stratocaster bridge pickup is angled the same way: you could try a pickup with adjustable poles to get the tone you want: hope this is of some help: sk

• What Taffy said,,,

It is tilted the same way as many commercial electrics, but, in the end,, it doesn't matter a lot. With a tone knob you could make adjustment that are far more drastic than that tilt..

With that tilt, you should have brighter hi strings and warmer bottom strings. (like Taffy said).

I actually tilt some of mine the opposite direction to warm up the high strings a bit.

Don't worry about and just enjoy playing

• It actually follows the end of the fretboard very well? A little accidental wow factor :D 

• Hi, looks like the standard way to me. If it was closer to the bridge the treble strings would sound brighter and the bass strings warmer. But in the centre position I dought you will notice any difference.

Looks better that way, I think you got it right.

Taff

• Dare to be different! I'm with JP and Timothy. Try it? 

• Thanks, will do.

• Thanks, I will give it a go before any mods

• no rules..lol. try it and see how it sounds before deciding to modify it.. just my 2c.

• Thanks, I will try first.

This reply was deleted.