Back when I built RC scale tugboats. I also wrote articles for a British based model magazine(Traplet I think), from time to time they would send me a product of some sort to tryout. Looking through some of my stuff in the black hole(storage) I came across these beauties, I was given 4 of different grits. They're thin metal strips coated with tungsten carbid and last forever! I don't know if these are still made but whatever they make will be a good product. These are great for getting into corners and hard to get at places. Just putting this out there.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Will,

Perma Grit are still going strong!

Oddly enough, I also write for a modelling magazine (RCM&E), and find the Perma Grit products are ideal for CBG/uke manufacture too- particularly the curved sanding blocks the back of a uke's neck.

https://www.permagrit.com/

Tim

• Hi Tim, it's been 15- 20 yrs since my last article, Finding these was a fluke, they just happened to be put in with my airbrushing supplies along with my palm plane and a couple other tools.(total mystery why.) When I  gave up my boats, tools, controllers, esc, parts, etc went to. Wish I'd keep the tools, but hind sight being 20-20, oh well! I miss writing, mostly the researching. The most fun was going to San Francisco doing research on the tugs and boats at the maritime museum. What a blast, going through old boats and places in the museum the average person never saw! I'll be buying more perma grit for sure, awesome product and well worth the money.

• They have a huge assortment on ebay

Mike

• Thanks Mike, I was just putting this out there for anyone who was interested. The stuff I have will last way after I'm gone.

This reply was deleted.