I came across this neat old cake pan and thought it would make a kool resonator. I have no intention of building one, but if anyone is interested in using it it's yours free. All I ask is you pay actual postage. I'm not out to make money, just don't want to see it in scrap heap. Its roughly 9"x9"x 4" deep

20190514_223846.jpg

20190514_223904.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Uhhh, why aren't you making a resonator with that pan? What's wrong with you? Start building it now. LOL

• LOL I hate to admit it, but I've been eyeballing and thinking about what to do. If and only if, but not very likely (way too big of a list too do) I'd cut a thin veneer piece to fit the bottom and strips to hold the middle piece up. I used a tuning fork on it. I'm not an expert, it sounds pretty decent. I already get strange looks at the local thrift shops with that damn thing LOL , I walk over to the kitchen section and start testing a bowl flipped over into another or a bunt pan, cookies tin or God knows what! All I know is when I tap that tuning fork and touch it to the bridge location I get some strange looks as well as barely audible comments like " wtf was that!" Or my favorite one "I don't think he's right in the head"! I heard rumors of being banished, don't know if it would be me, the tuning fork or both! With all that said, gotta admit it, seeing a full grown man tapping on bowls and such is a little strange! The up side to all this, WIFE DOSENT SPEND MUCH TIME IN THERE! Why didn't I think of that years ago! Downside she's online shopping too much!

• LOL  I'm guilty as well.

• Kool, I’ve seen a few over the years made from those square pans & they work great? Blind Doughboy uses stuff like that all the time, In cbg’s we don’t roll by the rules anyway, right? Cheers :)

• AGREED ;-D 

• Hi Will, just saying that a pan with a large hole in it ain't gonna resonate as good as a a solid surface. But if the other guy's have tried it and it works I'll be guided by them. 

I realise there are no rules in building these CBG's, but I think there are a few rules that will lead those that choose to follow them to a better quality of sound, if that's what they want.

Taff

• Would need a cone in that hole unless the removable piece could be used in a fixed position.

• Hi Will, I'm not sure that the shape and other features of that pan lends it to sound enhansment, as I see many folds and corners and very little in the way of uninterrupted surface areas to vibrate.

just a thought. Taff

This reply was deleted.