One String Song Tabs

Here's is a link to a webpage on my website http://www.dbrooker.com/songtabs.html where you can down load a PDF that has a few songs tabed out using numbers for each fret to play the note of a song using a single string AKA diddley bow - Some years ago I figured it was easier for beginners to relate to numbers rather than notes - I've gotten more than a few "Thank yous" for them over the years - The people who thanked me were true beginners and were so happy they could down load the songs and play something in just minutes - Feel free to down load the PDF and pass it along or make it available to others in any way you wish - put it on your website so others can download it, print it out and give it a way, whatever - You can give me credit or not, I did not copyright it and my name is not on it - Just thought I would make the offer - Dennis Brooker

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The numbers represent the frets that you use.

DiddleyDragon said:
    what do the 5's 7's and such mean?

Doc Oakroot said:
    Cool page.

Since the one-string comp is just being released, here's the tab for Dark Cloud Coming which is on the CD:

\                                          \               \          \\                                     \    \ \             \ \        \   \
    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
    0 x 0 x 0 x 0 x | 0 x 0 x 0 x 0 x | 0 3 0 3 5 | 7 7 5 7 7 | 5 3 0 |

Notes:
    x = damp the string while hitting it.
    \s are rhythm marks. 2 \s is a quarter note; 3 is an eighth note. Unmarked notes are the same length as the preceding note.
    The last measure is only 2 beats long (others are 4).
    This riff is repeated on the diddley bow all the way through the song.
  • what do the 5's 7's and such mean?

Doc Oakroot said:
    Cool page.

Since the one-string comp is just being released, here's the tab for Dark Cloud Coming which is on the CD:

\                                          \               \          \\                                     \    \ \             \ \        \   \
    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Notes:
    \s are rhythm marks. 2 \s is a quarter note; 3 is an eighth note. Unmarked notes are the same length as the preceding note.
  • Hey Doc, post this in CBG Tabs if you want :-)

Doc Oakroot said:
    Cool page.

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Notes:
  • Cool page.

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Notes:
  • Willie - That would be just fine - Thanks much - it's appreciated ;^)) - DB
  • Thanks Dennis-

Okay if I add a link to your site on my www.onestringwillie.com site?

Thanks!

Best regards, Willie
  • Wes - No, not at all - Feel free to pass it along in any way to any one - Thanks for asking - DB

Wes Yates said:
    Do you mind if I reference this in CBG Tabs group?
  • Do you mind if I reference this in CBG Tabs group?
This reply was deleted.