here she  is folks.

the wood I bought from crete while on hols.I saw the shape and I knew I had to have it.

so in preparation I got the holes drilled out etc ready for the flat pup and jack etc.

neck was already prepared and then glued the black walnut fret board ,then after put frets in and dressed etc.

the back I planed and glued black walnut pieces to the side of the ash wood.

dressed the sides etc and styled the end bits on my sander,put a grove in for the wires to sit in.

glued that bit to the back of the neck and to keep it in place while it dries I used a brass coloured screw.

put the pickup wires through the holes to the jack and soldered them on.assembled it altogether.

once that was done I partially glued the back on and put two brass coloured screw's.

fitted tuners in,these did have skulls on but didn't like the finish on them (scratched)

the rest is self explanatory .

oh and I made the brass pick up cover and drilled the holes to cover the holes I had some carbon fibre lookalike sheets.

to see how I drilled the holes see here..............

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/3-strings-question

DSC03099.JPG

DSC03100.JPG

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had two guitars that had frets that wasn't set right.

on the 1st accousting the bridge was to low.

put a blob of hot glue on either of the wooden bridge and that was soon sorted.

the olive guitar I got the strings at the nut 1mm high and on the 12th fret just a little higher than two mm and all is fine

the hard tail bridge I put a piece of dressed walnut wood underneath it about 3mm thick.

so all is well now

DSC03002.JPG

DSC03004.JPG

DSC03111.JPG

• If your nut is extra high,that might be he whole problem

yep I think that is the problem it is 4mm high at the nut and 5mm at the 12th fret.

so this is something that I'm going to have to remember in my future builds.

you never stop learning that's for sure.

• great John,get that nut as low as you can,if not for slide,same height as the frets,or a whisker higher if need be,then adjust your bridge to suit,at least then everything goes UP from your fretting point

• Wow, very cool, love the wood and all the brass stuff, great pickup!

• Great looking Git John. Fun seeing a piece of wood with potential and bringing it to life. Enjoyed hearing the details on how you built it too.

• beautiful as the guitar looks it has its faults.

when I press on the middle string at the 5th fret it sound a little flat as the string touches the 6th fret.

same on the 7th fret the string touches the 8th fret.

same on the 12th fret the string touches the 13th fret.

bottom string 6th string.

same on the  4th fret the string touches the 5th fret.

same on the 5th fret the string touches all frets up the 15th frets.

how best is it to tackle this?

I've looked on you tubes and they are for 6 strings with array of tools that I don't possess.

and looking at them will cost me a small fortune.

I'm only going to make a couple of more fretted and the rest will be fretless .

• First thing to try is to increase the string height at the bridge via the two small hex screws on each bridge saddle. You should reach a point where the buzz goes. This might mean the string height is higher than you like.
      • thanks I'll try that 1st.

I will have to lower the nut as it bl**dy hard on ma fingers pressing it down.

(these are not my fingers lol)

xguitar-fingers-ouch.jpg.pagespeed.ic.wr-ezz7bp1.jpg

• If your nut is extra high,that might be he whole problem John,good luck

This reply was deleted.