Ode  to  the cbg  wives   .. 

Well   I  figure    we  need an  honorable  mention    for all  the wives / girlfriends  of the cbg builders   here .

You  all  know   exactly  what I mean ..

They  put up  with    us hording  up   the   house with  100  guitars and  parts  ..   they sacrifice  belt buckles  , spoons  , forks and silverware   ,  heck  they  even   scout  for  us while  they are  out shopping for  themselves .   ;-)

you  know  I’m right  because you are smiling  now  .. :-)

They  gotta  put up  with    memory    provoking  questions  like   “  honey  ..  remember  that thing we   had  in   the  drawer  for  like  10  years  ..  that blue thingy  ???   know where it is   now  ??? “”  

“ honey  .. … um …  can I  have this ?”  …   …”  got any spare booby pins ..?  I wanna  try something  ..”   “mind if I  take this apart  ?”   then …. “um ..   do  you need this back ?”   :-)

Etc etc etc  …

Not to  mention  the things that    go on    they don’t know about  ..    , - like    you just  waiting  for  her  to  wake   up  soon  so  ya can fire  up  the power tool …. In the living room  ..    ;-)

And also having to  put  up  with us  not being   smart enough  to  turn the  computer volume  down at night   while  a video  pops  on and   scares     her awake  ..    (while you  scramble to  turn it down    , then  wait  to see  if you got away  with it  )  ,…  then  somehow  blame the computer     or video  ;-) (Possible same story  with amps   during  an  itching  midnight  testing  urge  .)   

For all  these   things  they    put   up   with  ..  and  more  ..   - HERE’S TO  THE CBG  WIVES   ;-)

KOOTOS  !  :-)

And  an  honorable  mention   for  the   lady  builders and their  hubbies   that   go  through   the same thing  ;-)

As  with any addiction .. we   all  need support  ..  and  appreciate   it . 

hang in there  ;-)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well said and long overdue! I could relate to, well, all of that and then some!

James, what can I say? You have freaking drill press, in the kitchen! I knew I liked you!

• There's only five hanging in the hall right now. Got plenty of room for a few more.

• Yeah, that's it! Just keep telling yourself that...  >;-)  >;-)  >;-)

• Honey, it will only take an hour to finish up this guitar, then I'll be right in.
    • lol  .. ive used that one too  ;-)

• 305863403?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024                                            I be guilty of every thing you have mentioned and then some !!!

• 305863588?profile=original                                           bad things can happen when you build in there kitchens !!!

• yup  ...   LOL  ... 

• "SAWDUST: It's What's For Dinner"

This reply was deleted.