Numero Uno

Hello All,

First post and first CBG. I've been lurking for a few months and I want to say thanks to everyone who has posted build ideas and techniques. I've used many of them.

This is a three string (GDG) build with an under saddle rod piezo pickup. The neck is fretted with a 16" radius and a scarf joint. Might not bother with the radius on the next one. Hmm... Anyone have the number for CBG's Anonymous?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Gents. The only issue it has is a fair amount of hum. It stops when I touch the cable plug. Interesting side note - the gold label near the volume knob must have foil in it. When I touch that label the hum gets louder. I thought piezo's were somewhat immune to this type of hum? It's a bit late to ground the strings, especially with a bone nut and saddle.

• Well, I decided to tackle the hum problem. Maybe this will be helpful to someone. The original ferrules in the back of the tailpiece were a zinc alloy and wouldn't take solder, so I drove them out with a pin punch. Then I cut and shaped a piece of brass sheet (mostly with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel) to fit along the back of the tailpiece. It has three tabs that will fit alongside the new brass ferrules. I epoxied the brass in place. Then I used a punch to fit the tabs along the side of each hole and hammered in the new ferrules. I replaced the washer on the jack with a 3/8" ring terminal. Finally, I soldered a wire between the ring terminal and the brass sheet to complete the ground connection. Maybe not an elegant solution, but it does the job.

306707084?profile=original
      306708263?profile=original
      306709116?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024
      • Nice work Chris!

• Hi Chris like K I'm hooked welcome to the fun and there's only one cure for this affliction keep building ...... Works for most of us .

• Hello, my name is Korrigan and I'm a CBG addict...

:D

Great looking number one and welcome aboard Chris!

This reply was deleted.