Now about that cigar box amp ...

WARNING: That's an old style AC/DC amp , sure it's cheap to make but Deadly Voltages may be present on the chassis making it totally unsafe to handle ... Nice to look at but may be the last amp you ever play ...

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just register, it's free !!
  • Access to the forums is restricted to members who are logged in.
  • Here ya' go ... http://www.wattkins.com/node/15993
  • you might also check out the harmmond firefly amp at ax84.com
  • Yes, Please post!

StarGeezers said:
    I passed this circuit around the guitar amp forum ...this was one response... Quote: "We'd still need a preamp tube though. And I'm not sure we'd be happy with the "vintage hum" from a half-wave rectifier. Never mind the safety issues that come with taking power straight off the mains. "
    If you want a simple GUITAR amp , there is one being developed at Wattkins.com ...easy to build ,uses old vintage tubes(2) , and costs 100USD... and SAFE too... I built one , and I LIKE it !!! If anyone is interested , I'll post a link ...
  • I passed this circuit around the guitar amp forum ...this was one response... Quote: "We'd still need a preamp tube though. And I'm not sure we'd be happy with the "vintage hum" from a half-wave rectifier. Never mind the safety issues that come with taking power straight off the mains. "
    If you want a simple GUITAR amp , there is one being developed at Wattkins.com ...easy to build ,uses old vintage tubes(2) , and costs 100USD... and SAFE too... I built one , and I LIKE it !!! If anyone is interested , I'll post a link ...
  • did alittle more looking and found this http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74898&postd...
  • just use a three prong cord and you will be ok

just looked up a little info thats a pretty cool little tube right there it has the rectfire built in.
  • Yep, that's the one ...
  • I think StarGeezers is referring to the new PDF on the free plans page.
This reply was deleted.